Below are a list of release notes covering what is new and improved in this release. There were also small bug fixes throughout.
Duplicate Content Checker
For Business Plans there is now a duplicate content checker built into the 'SEO Manager'. The duplicate content manager scans the site looking for duplicate content within the site and provides a report showing similarity between pages.
SEO Management Page
All advanced SEO features now sit under their own menu within Limecube for faster access and an improved layout. The SEO management area will be a continued area of strong focus to improve upon in future releases.
We released version 1 of a new link checker to scan a site and find any broken links. The link checker shows what broken links/files are on a specific page.
Limecube now contains a new filemanager. Previously Limecube had integrated with an open source filemanager. The filemanager not only manages files, it is also responsible for how images are optimised and resized on the server. As Limecube grows and we need more improved ways of managing images for faster loading speeds and improved Google PageSpeed Insights scores (images now save in next-gen formats), as well as retaining the control for security and keeping sites safe. This release was version 1 and we'll continue to roll out updates for improvement to the filemanager.
Limecube's new image editor allows a user to:
- Load image to canvas
- Undo/Redo (With shortcut)
- Free drawing
- Line drawing
- Mask Filter
- Image Filter
Filters: Grayscale, Invert, Sepia, Blur Sharpen, Emboss, RemoveWhite, Brightness, Noise, Pixelate, ColorFilter, Tint, Multiply, Blend
- Keyword Density improvements to making the URL a drop down of all pages in the site rather than free text.
- The style options now open up for a plugin or section based on the device view being viewed. E.g. Mobile view opens mobile style options.
- Existing plugins have a search filter function to make it easier to find an existing plugin in a longer list.
- Improvements on signup for existing users wanting to add extra sites to sign into their accounts faster.
- Spacer elements re-labelled to 'Seperator' to make it clearer to users.
- User accounts are not linked from a profile page. Previously if users had multiple sites and updated their profile page it would only update details for that specific site. Now it updates all details, linked by email address.
- Navigation menu position (left, centre, right) can now be controlled by the user under navigation styles.
- Advanced content options now bring up matching styles directly to the type of content option chosen.
- For SEO - schema.org markup - itemprop="image" is automatically inserted to any image inserted through the content block.
- Invoices now insert company name automatically from the Profile page.
- Improvements to error reporting in the Bulk Meta upload tools for any duplicate results in the CSV file being uploaded.
- To improve email deliverability, emails sent from forms have changed to send from a confirmed trusted email sending address. The email still sends from the company name for correct visibility.
The blog has been upgraded to fully work with the new section editor/manager in the previous release. This allows for more flexible design layouts of the blog for users.